Coach: Vicki Sue Golemboski
Season: January - early May (depending on pool availability)- 2019 Season starts 01/20/2019)
2019 Season starts 1/20. One practice 5-6:30pm on Sundays
Location: State College YMCA [Opens in New Window] 677 W.Whitehall Rd, State College, PA
(YMCA on Google Maps [Opens in New Window])
Day/Time: Sunday evenings 5-6:30. The 2019 season brings back ONE practice for the entire team.
- Girls: one-piece swim suits only
- Boys: trunks, speedos, or jammers.
- Goggles (optional)
Swimming is one of the most popular sports in the world. Unlike other sports, swimming is a life skill that is taught, first, to ensure safety and, second, for sports and competition purposes. Aquatics covers a great variety of swimming skills, from short sprints to longer events and relays. Special Olympics offers many Aquatic Events!
- 15 Meter Walk
- 15 Meter Kickboard (new!)
- 10 Meter Assisted Swim
- 15 Meter Unassisted Swim
- 15 Meter Flotation Race
- 25 Meter Floatation Race
- 25, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500 Meter Freestyle
- 25, 50, 100, 200 Meter Backstroke
- 25, 50, 100, 200 Meter Breaststroke
- 25, 50, 100, 200 Meter Butterfly
- 100, 200, 400 Meter Individual Medley (Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle)
- Traditional and Unified Sports®: 100, 200, 400, 800 Meter Freestyle Relay
- Traditional and Unified Sports®: 100, 200, 400 Meter Medley Relay (Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, Freestyle)
View the complete Special Olympics Aquatics Rules [Opens in New Window]